Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk
We are pleased that you have chosen to engage Mangis Fishing Guides (MFG), LLC * to provide you with a guided fishing experience in Wyoming. We believe you will have an enjoyable and memorable experience. While MFG does not wish to reduce your enthusiasm for this experience or frighten you, it is important for you to know and/or remind yourself in advance that you are voluntarily embarking on an experience that involves inherent risks, known and unknown, that could lead to injury or death, for which you, and not MFG, are legally responsible.
* Mangis Fishing Guides LLC., collectively with its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all other of its affiliated persons or entities, are referred to herein as “MFG.”
To ensure you understand and appreciate this and other risks, and in consideration for the services provided by MFG, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I understand that I am voluntarily about to engage in a guided fishing experience, a sport or recreational opportunity as defined by Wyo. Stat. § 1-1-122(a)(iii), which experience includes but is not limited to fishing by foot or watercraft in, on, or adjacent to lakes, slow- moving rivers or creeks, or whitewater rivers or creeks, and ground-based transportation to and from our destinations (these activities collectively referred to herein as the “Activities”).
2. I recognize that there is an element of risk in any adventure, sport, or activity associated with the outdoors, and I am fully cognizant of the risks and dangers inherent in the specific Activities. I understand that these Activities carry known and unknown risks that could result in injury, death, illness, trauma, or mental damage to myself, to my property, or to spectators or other third parties and their property. By way of example: a companion or I could fall out of a watercraft or slip into cold, fast moving, unpredictable water with submerged hazards that could result in drowning, injury, loss of fishing gear and valuable items, or other losses or injury; and injury could result from impalement by fish hooks or from other fishing and boating implements. I understand that these examples of risks are incomplete and that other risks, inherent and otherwise, may exist that could result in injury, death, or property damage. I have been fully advised of the nature and possible dangers of the Activities, I acknowledge that my assumption of risk applies irrespective of my age.
3. I understand the risk of and legal responsibility for all injury, death, illness or disease, or damage to myself and others in my care, custody, or control (including any minor children), and to my and such other person’s property, that result from my and/or that person’s participation in the Activities.
4. I understand that, as the provider of the Activities, MFG is not required to eliminate, alter, or control the inherent risks of the Activities, and I acknowledge that these risks cannot be eliminated, altered, or controlled without destroying the unique character of the Activities.
5. I understand the Activities I am engaging in may require a degree of participation, skill, and knowledge different from what is required of other sports and recreational opportunities, and that I have responsibilities as a participant in the Activities. I certify that my family and I, including minor children, are fully capable of participating in these Activities, as are others in my care, custody, or control (collectively my family, including minor children, and any others in my care, custody, or control “My Group”). I further understand that MFG reserves the right to refuse any person it judges to be incapable of meeting the rigors and requirements of participating in the activity.
6. A copy of a notice of such hazards is attached hereto.
7. Therefore, I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and/or to My Group, or for loss or damage to my and/or My Group’s personal property and expenses thereof as a result of my negligence or the negligence of My Group participating in the Activities except to the extent such damage or injury may be due to the negligence of MFG.
8. I, the below-named participant (or the parent/guardian on behalf of a participant, where applicable), have completed this form. By completing this form and checking the box below indicating “I accept these terms,” which I intend to be my signature, I affirm that I have read, understood, and accepted the terms of this entire document, and understand that it affects my legal rights, and I agree to be bound by the terms hereof. My signature also affirms the truthfulness and completeness of all information I have provided to MFG regarding the experience, skills, and condition of myself and My Group.
If participant is under 18, please have a parent/guardian submit this form.